To all of our JVIS Employees, Customers, and Suppliers,
As we continue to navigate through these unprecedented times, our focus remains on keeping the health and safety of our employees our top priority. With that in mind, our Operations, Human Resources, Health and Safety, and Communications teams, worked together to develop a protocol guide, that establishes policies and helpful practices to safeguard our employees as we reopen our facilities and all return back to work and effectively and safely serve our customers. When building this guide we took into consideration industry-specific standards along with information provided by our local health authorities and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) to ensure our operations meet the suggested guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID-19 within our workplace. Download our JVIS PROTOCOL GUIDE: COVID-19 to educate yourselves on our operational procedures and guidelines.
In addition to this guide, we’ve completed the following actions to help mitigate our risks by implementing the following:
- Sanitized all JVIS buildings by an outside vendor specializing in disinfecting.
- Created work instructions for cleaning and sanitizing, along with a checklist to make sure we cover all areas within our operations.
- Procured large quantities of cleaning and sanitizing supplies including hand sanitizers that will be placed throughout our operations
- Procured PPE, including masks, gloves, face shields and we have a solid inventory on these items and set up PPE stations.
- Promoting awareness throughout the operations through various communication methods including the JVIS Plant TVs.
- Marked off areas and taped floors to ensure employees follow social distancing practices.
- Created a breakroom policy to support social distancing protocols.
- Relocated shift meetings to be held in large open areas and not in small breakrooms.
- Added the “Visitor Protocol” questions to all receptionist iPads at all locations.
- Enhanced our work instructions for our Shipping and Receiving docks and truck drivers.
- Enhanced our work instructions for handling of goods.
- Added questions pertaining to cleaning/sanitizing and PPE to our Layered Process Audits to ensure proper compliance.
- Suspended finger scanning temporarily in the time clocks to speed up the clocking in and out process.
- Developed training for all JVIS Employees, Supervisors, and Managers regarding COVID-19.
- Requiring employees to self-monitor their temperature daily.
- Created guidelines on what to do if you are sick, exposed or infected with COVID-19.
- Organized COVID-19 Safety Talks for our employees.
Moving forward we will stay committed to providing a workplace where our employees feel comfortable performing their jobs safely and will continue to adapt to new protocols and update these policies as various state and federal orders, and CDC guidelines evolve. As we all continue to navigate these uncertain times, we must all work together and protect ourselves and others. We look forward to seeing you back at JVIS!
VP of Operations, JVIS USA
COVID GUIDE PUBLISHED MAY 8, 2020.
UPDATED ON OCTOBER 1, 2020, AND DECEMBER 7, 2020 BASED ON REVISED CDC AND MDHHS GUIDELINES.