To all of our customers, suppliers, and employees,
COVID-19 continues to impact us all in unprecedented ways. As you are aware, the Governor of Michigan issued a Stay at Home order beginning midnight March 24, 2020.
Therefore, on March 23, for the health of our staff, their families and our community, we have suspended operations in Michigan and will comply with the Stay at Home order until it is lifted.
As we move forward, our goal remains the same, which is to look after the safety of our employees while continuing to serve our customers effectively and efficiently. Therefore, our staff in non-production roles have been working from home and will continue to work on the many exciting product and technology projects we have underway. We are continuing to do everything we can to serve our clients and keep looking forward.
Our response to the COVID-19 outbreak began in January, and since JVIS has been closely monitoring the development of the COVID-19 pandemic. As an employer, we have continued to adopt changes to our worksites and workforce as the situation progressed.
Some of the policies that we have implemented before the Stay at Home order was issued include the following:
- Suspended work-related international travel to and from Asia, in January
- Implemented strict visitor protocols
- Increased our sanitation measures
- Restricted all work-related travel
- Restricted employees from coming into work that may have experienced any COVID-like symptoms
- Restricted employees from coming into work with recent international and/or domestic travel
- Educated employees on CDC guidelines including washing hards and social distancing.
- Encouraged employees to work from home, when able
- Continued to update employee communications on the rapidly changing situation
In the coming days, we will continue to keep our customers and employees informed through our corporate communications with any additional info as it is made available.
We’re all in this together. We hope you and your families stay healthy, and we thank you for your patience and understanding during this extraordinary time.
– THE JVIS LEADERSHIP TEAM
UPDATE 4/9/2020: Governor Whitmer signed Executive Order 2020-42, extending her prior “Stay Home, Stay Safe” order through the end of April.
UPDATE 4/24/2020: Governor Whitmer signed Executive Order 2020-59, extending her prior “Stay Home, Stay Safe” order through May 15, 2020.